Drilled Shaft Foundation Inspector
The Drilled Shaft Foundation Inspector Certification Course is designed for those individuals responsible for inspecting the installation of drilled shaft foundations. Suggested participants would include contractor and agency personnel who have responsibility for the installation and inspection of drilled shaft foundations.
- Cost: $650.00 for Members/ $875.00 for Non-Members
- Course: 2 1/2 days classroom
- Class Size: 20 – 30
- Examination: Written
- Certification Course Schedule
- Re-Certification Course Schedule
- Meet the prerequisites below for taking the Drilled Shaft Inspector Certification Course.
- Select a course and register online.
- Attend the Drilled Shaft Inspector Certification Course in its entirety.
- Successfully pass the written examination.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or prior approval from NETTCP
- It is strongly recommended that candidates have at least six (6) month experience working on projects that included Drilled Shaft construction.
- The registration form must be signed by a NETTCP certified Drilled Shaft Inspector or the candidate’s supervisor that indicates they are aware of the experience recommendations.
|Dry and Wet Shaft Construction||YES||W|
|Cased Shaft Construction||W|
|Drill Rigs and Equipment||YES||W|
|Soils, Rock and Groundwater Identification||W|
|Construction Plans and Specifications||YES||W|
|Excavation and Cleaning||YES||W|
- Written Examination
- Open book examination
- The exam is divided into three sections:
a. Fundamentals of Drilled Shaft
b. Equipment, Excavation, and Clearing
c. Rebar Cage, Concrete Testing and Safety
- Written examination must be completed within two (2) hours.
- Passing Grades
- Certification will be granted to a candidate who achieves a minimum grade of 70% within each of the three sections with an overall minimum score of 80% for the entire exam.
- Re-examination Policies
- A candidate failing the written examination will be required to retake the examination.
- Only one (1) re-examination will be allowed.
- Candidates failing the re-examination will be required to retake the entire certification course and examination at full cost.
- The cost for a re-examination is $100.00 and re-examinations must be completed within six (6) months of the candidate’s initial examination date.
Re-CertificationRequired course and examination for continued certification as a Drilled Shaft Foundation Inspector. The course will include a review of important topics and instruction on changes in the industry, equipment, specifications and test procedures.
- Cost: $380.00 for Members/$510.00 for Non-Members
- Course: 1 1/2 days classroom
- Class Size: 15 – 30
- Examination: Written
- NETTCP Certified Drilled Shaft Foundation Inspectors wanting to maintain their certification are required to attend a re-certification course in its entirety and successfully pass the written examination. Select a course and register online.
- Any candidate who fails the re-certification exam and subsequent re-test is required to attend a new full certification course and pass the examination.