- Cost: $650.00 for Members/ $875.00 for Non-Members
- Course: 2 1/2 days classroom
- Class Size: 20 – 30
- Examination: Written
- Certification Course Schedule
- Re-Certification Course Schedule
- Meet the prerequisites below for taking the Drilled Shaft Inspector Certification Course.
- Select a course and register online.
- Attend the Drilled Shaft Inspector Certification Course in its entirety.
- Successfully pass the written examination.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or prior approval from NETTCP
- It is strongly recommended that candidates have at least six (6) month experience working on projects that included Drilled Shaft construction.
- The registration form must be signed by a NETTCP certified Drilled Shaft Inspector or the candidate’s supervisor that indicates they are aware of the experience recommendations.
|Dry and Wet Shaft Construction||YES||W|
|Cased Shaft Construction||W|
|Drill Rigs and Equipment||YES||W|
|Soils, Rock and Groundwater Identification||W|
|Construction Plans and Specifications||YES||W|
|Excavation and Cleaning||YES||W|
- Written Examination
- Open book examination
- The exam is divided into three sections:
a. Fundamentals of Drilled Shaft
b. Equipment, Excavation, and Clearing
c. Rebar Cage, Concrete Testing and Safety
- Written examination must be completed within two (2) hours.
- Passing Grades
- Certification will be granted to a candidate who achieves a minimum grade of 70% within each of the three sections with an overall minimum score of 80% for the entire exam.
- Re-examination Policies
- A candidate failing the written examination will be required to retake the examination.
- Only one (1) re-examination will be allowed.
- Candidates failing the re-examination will be required to retake the entire certification course and examination at full cost.
- The cost for a re-examination is $100.00 and re-examinations must be completed within six (6) months of the candidate’s initial examination date.
Re-CertificationRequired course and examination for continued certification as a Drilled Shaft Foundation Inspector. The course will include a review of important topics and instruction on changes in the industry, equipment, specifications and test procedures.
- Cost: $380.00 for Members/$510.00 for Non-Members
- Course: 1 1/2 days classroom
- Class Size: 15 – 30
- Examination: Written
- NETTCP Certified Drilled Shaft Foundation Inspectors wanting to maintain their certification are required to attend a re-certification course in its entirety and successfully pass the written examination. Select a course and register online.
- Any candidate who fails the re-certification exam and subsequent re-test is required to attend a new full certification course and pass the examination.