Code of Ethics
In 1995 the six New England States of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont implemented a technician certification program. The certification program was established to meet the requirements of the Code of Federal Regulations, 23 CFR, Part 637, Quality Assurance (QA) Procedures for Construction, issued June 29, 1995. This regulation states “After June 29, 2000, all sampling and testing data to be used in the acceptance decision or the independent assurance program will be executed by qualified sampling and testing personnel.”
The core values of this organization are Respect, Communication, Honesty, and Individual Integrity. NETTCP is committed to upholding the integrity of the program to the highest standards by providing the basic knowledge of accepted industry standards to all individuals certified through the program. All candidates for certification and certified persons will conduct themselves in a professional manner, in accordance with these core values.
By seeking training, obtaining certification, and working as an NETTCP certified person, I hereby understand and agree to the following:
- I am aware of the recommended experience as defined by NETTCP for any individual certification.
- I will not attempt to influence or coerce an examiner or instructor for favorable treatment.
- I will demonstrate my personal knowledge during any certification or recertification exam.
- I will not copy, record (video, photo, or any other means) material, duplicate in any format, distribute, or possess any NETTCP exam which was not provided to me as part of the course material.
- I will conduct myself without bias and provide honest and timely testing results and inspection reports.
- As a NETTCP certified person, I will hold paramount the health, safety, and welfare of the public.
- I am aware of the current NETTCP Decertification Policy and Procedure.
I understand that this signed copy of the NETTCP Code of Ethics will remain on permanent file with the NETTCP and violation of any of the above may result in disciplinary action from the NETTCP including temporary suspension of any or all certifications up to permanent removal from all participation in the Program as deemed appropriate by the NETTCP Executive Committee.
This form must be signed and submitted to NETTCP prior to a certification course or examination. Failure to submit the completed form will result in being denied entry to the course or examination.