- Cost: $600.00 for Members/$815.00 for Non-Members
- Course: Three days classroom
- Class Size: 15-30
- Examination: Written
- Certification Course Schedule
- Re-Certification Course Schedule
- Meet the prerequisites below for taking the Concrete Inspector Certification Course.
- Select a course and register online.
- Attend the Concrete Inspector Certification Course in its entirety.
- Successfully pass the written examination.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or prior approval from NETTCP
- It is strongly recommended that the candidate have at least six (6) months experience working on concrete projects covering the topics that the candidate will be examined on at the course.
- The registration form must be signed by a NETTCP certified Concrete Inspector or the candidate’s supervisor that indicates they are aware of the experience recommendations.
|Drawings and Specifications||YES||W|
|Concrete Ingredients (cements, admixtures,
|Quality Control Tests||YES||W|
|ASTM D 3665||Random Sampling||NO||W|
|Pre-placement Operations (sub-grade, formwork,
|Placement Operations (delivery, consolidation and
|Post-placement Operations (curing and repair)||YES||W|
|Cold Weather Concreting||NO||W|
|Hot Weather Concreting||NO||W|
|Controlled Low Strength Material||NO||W|
- Written Examination For New Certification and Re-certification
- Closed book examination
- The exam is divided into four sections
- Materials & Testing (25 points)
- Pre-placement Operations (25 points)
- Placement Operations (25 points)
- Plan Reading (25 points)
- Written examination must be completed within ninety (90) minutes.
- Passing Grades for New Certification and Re-certification
- Certification or re-certification will be granted to a candidate who achieves a minimum grade of 60% in each of the four sections in the examination with an overall minimum grade of 70% for the entire examination.
- Re-examination Policies
- A candidate failing the written examination will be required to retake the examination.
- Only one (1) re-examination will be allowed.
- Candidates failing the re-examination will be required to retake the entire certification course and examination at full cost.
- The cost for a re-examination is $100.00 and re-examinations must be completed within six (6) months of the candidate’s initial examination date.
Re-CertificationRequired course and examination for continued certification as a Concrete Inspector. The course will include a review of important topics and instruction on changes in the industry, equipment, specifications and test procedures.
- Cost: $400.00 for Members/$540.00 for Non-Members
- Course: Two days classroom
- Class Size: 15 - 30
- Examination: Written
- NETTCP Certified Concrete Inspectors wanting to maintain their certification are required to attend a re-certification course in its entirety and successfully pass the written examination. Select a course and register online.
- Any candidate who fails the re-certification exam and subsequent re-test is required to attend a new full certification course and pass the examination.