The Concrete Inspector Certification Course is designed for those individuals responsible for the inspection of concrete field operations including pre-placement, placement and post-placement of portland cement concrete. Suggested participants would include contractor and supplier quality control personnel, consultants, testing firms and agency resident engineers or inspectors who are responsible for the quality assurance and placement of portland cement concrete.
- Cost: $600.00 for Members/$815.00 for Non-Members
- Course: Three days classroom
- Class Size: 15-30
- Examination: Written
- Certification Course Schedule
- Re-Certification Course Schedule
- Meet the prerequisites below for taking the Concrete Inspector Certification Course.
- Select a course and register online.
- Attend the Concrete Inspector Certification Course in its entirety.
- Successfully pass the written examination.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or prior approval from NETTCP
- It is strongly recommended that the candidate have at least six (6) months experience working on concrete projects covering the topics that the candidate will be examined on at the course.
- The registration form must be signed by a NETTCP certified Concrete Inspector or the candidate’s supervisor that indicates they are aware of the experience recommendations.
|Drawings and Specifications||YES||W|
|Concrete Ingredients (cements, admixtures,
|Quality Control Tests||YES||W|
|ASTM D 3665||Random Sampling||NO||W|
|Pre-placement Operations (sub-grade, formwork,
|Placement Operations (delivery, consolidation and
|Post-placement Operations (curing and repair)||YES||W|
|Cold Weather Concreting||NO||W|
|Hot Weather Concreting||NO||W|
|Controlled Low Strength Material||NO||W|
- Written Examination For New Certification and Re-certification
- Closed book examination
- The exam is divided into four sections
- Materials & Testing (25 points)
- Pre-placement Operations (25 points)
- Placement Operations (25 points)
- Plan Reading (25 points)
- Written examination must be completed within ninety (90) minutes.
- Passing Grades for New Certification and Re-certification
- Certification or re-certification will be granted to a candidate who achieves a minimum grade of 60% in each of the four sections in the examination with an overall minimum grade of 70% for the entire examination.
- Re-examination Policies
- A candidate failing the written examination will be required to retake the examination.
- Only one (1) re-examination will be allowed.
- Candidates failing the re-examination will be required to retake the entire certification course and examination at full cost.
- The cost for a re-examination is $100.00 and re-examinations must be completed within six (6) months of the candidate’s initial examination date.
Re-CertificationRequired course and examination for continued certification as a Concrete Inspector. The course will include a review of important topics and instruction on changes in the industry, equipment, specifications and test procedures.
- Cost: $400.00 for Members/$540.00 for Non-Members
- Course: Two days classroom
- Class Size: 15 - 30
- Examination: Written
- NETTCP Certified Concrete Inspectors wanting to maintain their certification are required to attend a re-certification course in its entirety and successfully pass the written examination. Select a course and register online.
- Any candidate who fails the re-certification exam and subsequent re-test is required to attend a new full certification course and pass the examination.