- Cost: $295.00 for Members/$355.00 for Non-Members
- Course: Two days classroom
- Class Size: 15 - 30
- Examination: Written
- Certification Course Schedule
- Re-Certification Course Schedule
- Meet the prerequisites below for taking the Concrete Technician Certification Course.
- Select a course and register online or forward Registration Form, a copy of your current ACI Grade 1 Field Certification, and check to NETTCP to secure a position in an upcoming course and examination.
- Attend the Concrete Technician Certification Course in its entirety.
- Successfully pass the written examination.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or prior approval from NETTCP
- Current ACI Grade 1 Field Certification
- It is strongly recommended that the candidate have at least six (6) months experience working on projects and in the laboratory covering the topics that the candidate will be examined on at the course.
- The registration form must be signed by a NETTCP certified Concrete Technician or the candidate’s supervisor that indicates they are aware of the experience recommendations.
|T 2||Sampling Aggregates||YES||W|
|ASTM D 3665||Random Sampling||NO||W|
|T 248||Reducing Field Sample of Aggregates to Testing Size||YES||W|
|T 27||Sieve Analysis for Fine and Coarse Aggregate||YES||W|
|T 255||Moisture in Aggregate by Drying||YES||W|
|Cements, Pozzolans & Admixtures||NO||W|
|Concrete Plant Inspections||NO||W|
|Batch Weight Adjustments||NO||W|
|Properties of Concrete Field Tests||NO||W|
- Written Examination For New Certification and Re-certification
- Closed book examination
- The exam is divided into four sections
- Materials (25 points)
- Aggregate Sampling & Testing (25 points)
- Concrete Properties (25 points)
- Concrete Plant Inspections (25 points)
- Written examination must be completed within ninety (90) minutes.
- Passing Grades for New Certification and Re-certification
- Certification or re-certification will be granted to a candidate who achieves a minimum grade of 60% in each of the four sections in the examination with an overall minimum grade of 70% for the entire examination.
- Re-examination Policies
- A candidate failing the written examination will be required to retake the examination.
- Only one (1) re-examination will be allowed.
- Candidates failing the re-examination will be required to retake the entire certification course and examination at full cost.
- The cost for a re-examination is $100.00 and re-examinations must be completed within six (6) months of the candidate’s initial examination date.
Re-CertificationRequired course and examination for continued certification as a Concrete Technician. The course will include a review of important topics and instruction on changes in the industry, equipment, specifications and test procedures.
- Cost: $195.00 for Members/$250.00 for Non-Members
- Course: One day classroom
- Class Size: 15-30
- Examination: Written
- NETTCP Certified Concrete Technicians wanting to maintain their certification are required to attend a re-certification course in its entirety and successfully pass the written examination. Select a course and register online or forward the Registration Form and check to NETTCP.
- Any candidate who fails the re-certification exam and subsequent re-test is required to attend a new full certification course and pass the examination.