Driven Pile Foundation Inspector
The Driven Pile Foundation Inspector Certification Course is designed for those individuals responsible for inspecting the installation of driven pile foundations. Suggested participants would include contractor and agency personnel who have responsibility for the installation and inspection of driven pile foundations.
- Cost: $650.00 for Members/$875.00 for Non-Members
- Course: 2 1/2 days classroom
- Class Size: 20 – 30
- Examination: Written
- Certification Course Schedule
- Re-Certification Course Schedule
- Complete the Registration Form.
- Select a course and register online. .
- Attend the Driven Pile Foundation Inspector Course in its entirety.
- Successfully pass the written examination.
- NETTCP recommends that people attending this course have field experience in “Driven Pile Foundations.”
The following courses are offered by NHI through NETTCP. Please click links below to view the NHI course descriptions. Note: NHI course costs differ from NETTCP course costs.
- NHI Drilled Shaft Foundation Inspector Course Outline
- NHI Driven Pile Foundation Inspector Course Outline
- NHI Sub-Surface Inspector Course Outline
- Written Examination
- Open book examination
- The exam is divided into three sections
a. Piles, The Pile Driving System (30 points)
b. Driving, Stopping and Typical Problems (30 points)
c. The Inspector’s Role (50 points)
- Written examination must be completed within two (2) hours.
- Passing Grades
- Certification will be granted to a candidate who achieves a minimum grade of 70% within each of the three sections with an overall minimum score of 80% for the entire exam
- Re-examination Policies
- A candidate failing the written examination will be required to retake the examination.
- Only one (1) re-examination will be allowed.
- Candidates failing the re-examination will be required to retake the entire certification course and examination at full cost.
- The cost for a re-examination is $100.00 and re-examinations must be completed within six (6) months of the candidate’s initial examination date.
Re-CertificationRequired course and examination for continued certification as a Driven Pile Foundation Inspector. The course will include a review of important topics and instruction on changes in the industry, equipment, specifications and test procedures.
- Cost: $380.00 for Members/$510.00 for Non-Members
- Course: 1 1/2 days classroom
- Class Size: 15 – 30
- Examination: Written
- NETTCP Certified Driven Pile Foundation Inspectors wanting to maintain their certification are required to attend a re-certification course in its entirety and successfully pass the written examination. Select a course and register online.